Living in Hope....

... of one day having a grand child!  That is what this new start is all about....


I have had this stocking in my stash for a while now and yesterday, it just spoke to me "Start me, start me NOW!"  So, I did!  I must admit that BAPs are really interesting me this past month, so this fits into that nicely.  It will be one for the long haul, as it is so detailed but isn't it GORGEOUS???????

Maybe, I thought "If I stitch it, they will come", Grandchildren, that is, to paraphrase, "Field of Dreams".  Not that there are any signs that DS1 and DDIL are planning a family yet but a Grandma-in-waiting, can only hope and dream, can't she?

This is me getting it ready (it is a kit but I have substituted the 16 ct blue aida for a 32 ct linen - watch out for a giveaway for the aida, coming up soon).


... and here is my first day's progress - still a long way to go, but looking good, I feel!



hugs,

                                                             

P.S. I am having ANOTHER Girl's Nest Giveaway (#6), click on the pic below if you would like to enter.  Closes VERY SOON, on May 31st.

Comments

Ariadne said…
I made only one stocking for my son when he was small and I love it! It has a Santa coming down the stairs!AriadnefromGreece!
Julie said…
That's going to be lovely when hung for Santa to fill.
Anonymous said…
Hi Brigette wow love this design,have fun my friend xx
Anonymous said…
Hi Brigette ,I think this is a great idea ,what a beautiful Xmas stocking for a grand child when it comes,well done my friend xx

Popular Posts